- Sansui Electronics Private Limited (“SEPL”) is is an ISO 9001:2000 certified company, engaged in manufacturing, exporting and supplying extensive range of weighing scales and weighing systems.
- This range finds application in industries like cement, coal, chemical, engineering, food & pharmaceuticals, gyms and retail outlets.
- We have engineered India's first milk weighing and rating system for diaries, chilling centres and cooperatives.
- The terms “We” / “Us” / “Our” used in this Policy refer to SEPL and the terms “You”/ “Your”/ “Yourself” in this Policy refers to the users of the Website “Users” i.e.
- Buyers of Products on the Website; or All persons who visit or access this Website, or avail any of its functionalities or use any data or information available on the Website in any manner.
- SEPL is committed to ensuring privacy of the Users on its website.
(a) the type of information that Users may share with SEPL, or that SEPL will collect from the Users;
(b) practices and policies of SEPL relating to collection, storage, dealing, transfer, disclosure, transfer etc. of information pertaining to Users;
(c) purpose of collection and usage of such information, and related matters.
Types of User Information:
1. Collection of “Information”:
SEPL may request for, collect or gather such “Information” (which shall include data) as it deems necessary, relevant or incidental for rendering an improved shopping experience to Users and for other purposes as specified in Paragraph 6 below.
2. Personal Information:
Such “Information” may include Personal Information relating to Users such as
(a) User’s name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, postal address, delivery address (if different), gender, purchase history etc
(b) financial information such as bank account or credit or debit card information;
(c) physical condition of User;
(d) a description of the item requested or purchased;
(e) the internet protocol (“IP”) address of User’s computer;
(f) any other “sensitive personal data or information” relating to the User as defined under the applicable Rules under the Act.
- SEPL may also collect certain non-personal Information from the User, when the User visits and / or uses the Website.
- Such non-personal Information would include but not be limited to information such as geographical location of User, IP address, type of browser, operating system of User’s device, and details of usage of Website etc.
- Such non-personal Information is collected through various ways including “cookies”. Cookies are text files placed on Your computer, to help the website analyse how You use the site.
- Such information is not used to track information about individuals, but is used on an aggregate level to customize our site, improve the online experience of the User and plan advertising and promotions.
4. Internet Database:
- SEPL has created an internet database to allow consumers to store their shipping and billing information, track the status of their order, list previous orders and retain email preferences.
- Registration is entirely voluntary and You have the ability to correct or delete the information at any time.
- This information can be accessed through the “My Account” section of the site.
Modes of Collection of User Information:
- The information referred to above may be collected or received by SEPL
a) directly from the User, when the User either provides any specific information on the Website; or
b) from use of the Website by the User; or
c) from third parties who have collected any Information relating to the User, and who have shared it with SEPL.
- There are times when You may provide information to us voluntarily, otherwise than through use of the Website.
- This occurs when You provide Your feedback to us through e-mails, return forms, letters or telephone calls.
- We may use this information to respond to Your query and to keep track of feedback received from You.
Purpose of Collection and Usage of Information:
SEPL may collect, store and use Information for any purpose as may be permissible under Applicable Laws, including but limited to the following:
- To display the User’s business listing or Product offerings across the Website to fetch maximum business opportunities for the User.
- Facilitation of Your use of the Website, handling and execution of orders placed on the Website by the User, process payments, communication with User about orders etc.
Respond to any inquiries posed by the User.
- Maintain accounts of the User, display contents inputted by User such as User profile, User wishlist etc.
- Help recommend to the User merchandise and services that may be of interest to him / her.
- Personalize User’s experience on the Website by presenting advertisements, Products and offers tailored to the User’s preferences.
- Customization, administration etc. of the Website, location of errors, Website testing, data analysis for the Website etc.
Provision of various services on the Website.
- To protect integrity of the Website, improve our platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuse of our Website.
- To conduct analytical studies on various aspects including User behaviour, User preferences etc.
- Enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
- To permit employees of the Company to contact Users, and enable them to implement the orders placed by Users, resolve User queries, issues, grievances etc.
- To trace computer resources of any person for the purposes of determining compliance with the provisions of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and / or any other law for the time being in force.
Disclosure and Retention of User Information:
- SEPL considers the Information about its customers as an important part of its business.Accordingly, SEPL shall not engage in sale of Information relating to Users to third parties.
- However, SEPL may share User information with third parties in the circumstances specified herein below, after reasonably assuring itself that such third parties have undertaken to maintain confidentiality of Personal Information relating to the Users:
- Third Party Vendors / Service Providers etc.:
- Personal Information relating to Users may be made available to the third party Vendors, distributors etc. who sell their Products on the Website.
- Further, SEPL may engage third party service providers to render various services, and perform various functions in relation to the business undertaken on the Website, and / or for the Purpose(s) discussed in Paragraph 6 above.
- For instance, SEPL may engage third party service providers for maintenance of its website, fulfilment of orders, delivery of packages, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing of credit card payments, provision of customer services etc. Such third party service providers / Vendors would have access to Personal Information of Users for the purpose of performing their functions / rendering their services etc.
- Business Transfers:
- SEPL may transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including Your Information in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or business or in the event of bankruptcy.
- Any third party to which SEPL transfers or sells as aforesaid will have the right to continue to use the information that You provide to us or collected by us immediately prior to the transfer.
- Government Agency:
SEPL may share any Information relating to Users
(i) with Government agencies mandated under the law to obtain Information relating to Users from SEPL;
(ii) any third party, when SEPL is required to disclose the same under an order of a Government or judicial authority under any law for the time being in force, or where such disclosure is necessary for the compliance of a legal obligation.
- With User Consent:
- Without prejudice to the aforesaid, SEPL may disclose Personal Information relating to the User with his / her / its consent.
- For this purpose, SEPL may send a prior notice to the User before sharing Personal Information relating to the User with third parties.
- In case no objection or intimation is received from the User, SEPL would presume that User has granted its consent for sharing of said Information with third parties.
- SEPL will share Your Personal Information internally with such persons who need it to complete Your purchase or carry out Your instructions regarding the receipt of marketing information.
- SEPL shall keep sensitive personal data or information for only as long as the purposes for which the information may lawfully be used or is otherwise required under any other law for the time being in force. For those customers who have registered for the mailing list, their personal information is kept until we are notified that they no longer want their information stored.
Security Practices and Procedures for Protection of Information:
- In order to make every effort to ensure that Your experience on the Website is secure, we use encryption technology to protect You against the loss, misuse or alteration of Your personal information.
- When You fill out any contact forms or access Your account, a secure server encrypts all of Your information through the use of Secure Socket Layers (SSLs).
- To be sure You are browsing secure pages for transactions, check Your Web browser’s status bar (located at the bottom of the window) for the closed padlock icon.
- This icon appears in Your web browser to tell You that You are viewing a secure web page. Also, all browsers display an “s” after the “http” (https://) in the Web site address to indicate that You are in a secure environment.
Accuracy and Protection of Personal Information:
- SEPL relies on Users to notify it of any changes in personal information.
- Should any inaccurate information come to SEPL’s attention, it will investigate and correct the information and, if necessary, apprise the User of the change.
- Only those staff members who need the User’s personal information in order to respond to the User’s requests are given access to it.
- Employees are provided with training and information regarding the proper handling of personal information.
- All information stored in SEPL’s computer system is protected from unauthorized access and information that is stored in document form is kept in secure locations to prevent access by unauthorized persons.
User Discretion and Choice to Opt Out:
- The Users have a choice to opt-out of receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-, related) communications from us, after setting up an account.
- In order to remove Your contact information, please visit Unsubscribe.